Friday, January 25, 2008

Getting Creative Again!


I have, all of a sudden, started getting creative again. I went to a stamp camp last week, made several b-day cards this week and even completed a creative challenge from one of my favorite art blogs. I have a blog site where I post my artwork, but cannot get into it. So I may have to start posting here as well.....or set up a new site.

The weather sucks....it's 2 degrees! Woohoo...a heat wave! But at least I have my greenhouse. Yesterday, despite the frigid temps, it was a delightful 112 degrees. It really didn't feel that hot since most of the really hot air was at the top of the greenhouse and the cooler air was on the floor. I spent several hours working on making it comfy. I bought a couple of huge plants, planted some sunflowers with Scotty (we will see if they grow well) and am trying to nurse a few fledgling plants back to health. I put an Adirondack chair in there and try to spend some time on the sunny days reading (or napping). It's kind of my little magical place that defies the reality of winter in Indiana.

6 comments:

2 kids...3 martinis said...

Beautiful pics! Love them! I envy your greenhouse...I need one! Although I hear we're having a heatwave here today...going to get up to 20! :)
Love your post...keep 'em comin'!

Maggie Ann said...

Nice mermaid! Love the colors too.

Diana said...

A new post from you..YIPPEEE!!
I wish I had a Greenhouse as I need 112 degrees as I am OVER this COLD. Come on spring.
We really need to get together soon. Hank will be home Thursday. Call me,

Suzanne said...

Hope you make a drink or two to sip on while in your private paradise!!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Your mermaid looks really fantastic. Love it.
http://barnie.wordpress.com/

Belinda said...

lovely button mermaid!