Wednesday, January 2, 2008

An Odd Intro To 2008


I can honestly say I had the least exciting New Year's Eve ever....almost. I had to work and had planned to do our truck-check at work with my partner then come over to my house for dinner and games with the kids until we had to take a run. That didn't work out as planned. We had to take a run up to Indy and didn't get back into town until after 11:00pm. By the time we got to my house the kids were fast asleep on the sofa and living room floor. Paul heated up dinner for us and 20 minutes into the visit we had to run out again. The rest of the night was a blur of drunken idiots, juvenile delinquents and a bar fight. I managed to smash both hands under the cot....not quite sure how I managed that. Needless to say, I am glad the holidays are over. I am looking forward to my few days off before I start back into the crazy nightlife of EMS. There are some nights I wonder, "what the hell was I thinking." And then there are others that make me LOVE what I do. Thank goodness for those nights! I'm not sure what I would do if I didn't have such a great partner/mentor! Every new'ish EMT should be so fortunate! Thanks Scott G.!!!!!!!!!!

New Year's Resolution: find peace and balance in my life

No comments: