Friday, February 22, 2008

New "Space" In The Works?


I am never sure what to call the place I create my arts/craft projects. Is it a studio? That sounds so serious....like I REALLY think I am artist-quality. But to me, it's more than just a craft room or space. Not that, at the moment, it really matters. I am back in the corner of our dark basement. I've added lights, shelves.....it's carpeted but it's also wood-paneled. YUCK! There are no windows to speak of and it's shared with the computers and video games and constant clutter that the kids use. Do you remember the episode of "WKRP in Cincinnati" where Les Nessman used masking tape to create his office barriers? OK....I feel like Les! I NEED my own space....with a door! I have juggled spots in the house for 7 years (I think) trying to create the perfect "creative nest" for myself. At one point I commandeered the guest room.....but that was brief as I felt guilt for making our guests sleep in the basement. Since my mother's death in April, we have no guests. My dad is RV-ing in FL, Paul's family never visits so there is this room with unlimited potential just calling my name. I have grand ideas....paint colors...shelves hidden away in a HUGE closet....and most importantly LIGHT! There is a nice sized window that gets light ALL afternoon. Should I make the move? Take the space and make it MY "creative nest?"

I think a trip to Lowe's is in our future today.....the paint chips are calling me. This is the feel I am going for.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Go for it! Make a beautiful space all your own. Let the guests have the basement...if they don't like it there are plenty of hotels in the area :-} Can't wait to photos of the work in progress and the finished product.

Diana said...

Why dont you use the guest room and put a small sleeper sofa in there for guest when they visit. That way if you need a bed you have it and other wise it can be yours it sit on:)
I love that basket..which one is it and what liner..
Happy Snow Day to you!!