Saturday, January 31, 2009

5 Days To Go

On a nostalgic note:
Thanks to my friends for their support AND wishes for a happier year to come. We are on the BIG countdown and I must say it comes with a sense of relief as well as loads of fear. I never thought I'd be a single soccer mom doing laundry at the laundromat on a Friday night...lol. EVER! And here it is...the ugly truth of what my life has become. But what would I do without my boys. They keep me strong, focused and centered on those days when I feel I cannot get out of bed. They are the true blessings in my life. And I am so fortunate to have a loving and supportive father. I truly don't know what I would have done these past three years without him.

On a positive note:
I started getting a little artsy again the other night at work. I am fascinated by art journals. I have never been much of a journal-keeper. I remember my dear friend Sara (who I have known since 1979 and my first friend when we moved to Newark) always seemed to have deep thoughts/desires, etc. hidden away in journals. I always tried to emulate her....it lasted a couple of days. So anyway, back to my latest attempt...I busted out my beautiful set of colored pencils, ultra-fine tip black sharpie and a great spiral bound water color "notebook" and started writing/creating. I like that there are no rules in an art journal. I am sure I will be doing a little more work in it VERY soon. I need to experiment with materials other than colored pencils.

Things That Don't Suck: Part Deux
1. My little b-day celebration last night. While Alex was at a b-day party, Scotty and Scott G. created adorable, delicious AND sugar-free parfaits complete with candles. When Alex got home they gave me cards and then I made a wish and blew out my candles. I took a picture so you could see, but it's on my camera and I don't know how to get it from there to this crappy-assed computer (yes, Dell still has my laptop).
2. The beautiful winter view from my patio. We have a pair of cardinals who visit our birdfeeder, as well as a couple of fat squirrels we have named (I can't remember the names, but the kids sure can).
3. Snow days spent with my two favorite guys...Alex and Scott!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Sounds like the boys gave you a great birthday evening!

Bacardi Mama said...

I think you have some great sons and they are very lucky to have you.

Diana said...

Diane..My thoughts and HUGS will be with you tomorrow. CALL ME!!