Saturday, March 8, 2008

Where is Spring & THE "Tree Cozy Controversy"









For those of you who are not keeping up with the controversial tree cozy issue in Columbus, I though I would share some pix of the offending creations. Yes, the artisan knitters have decided to brighten our downtown due to the Commons Mall construction/demolition. For some reason this is causing a hurricane of "onions" to the local paper. Also shown are pix of the demolition of our beloved Commons Mall. I cannot wait to see the finished product. It is supposed to be quite magnificent! Columbus hides its problem areas OH-SO well and makes up for it with such grand structures as modern art, architecture and the beautifully designed (and soon-to-be expanding) hospital. Let's add the Commons Mall to the list. There is also a picture of the new hotel downtown....very pretty murals! on all 4 sides (I think).

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I think the tree cozies are way COOL!! I can't wait to see them in person.

Diana said...

I have been wanting to take a pic of the tree cozys and you beat me to it:)
I like them!!!