Friday, June 20, 2008

The Craft Bug Is Biting!


Yes, I know it's been ages since I've posted. And even longer since I actually posted a sampling of my craftiness. So here ya go! Necessity, being the mother of invention, inspired this little goodie. I have a paperback book that I am reading....and will be re-reading and want to keep it protected. SO......I made a book cover. It's made from colorful card stock covered with clear contact paper for added durability and has coordinating ribbon for a closure and attached "book mark." I am thinking I could do the same thing with fabric and iron-on clear coating. Imagine the possibilities! I think on my next book cover, I will make a "title plate" for the spine and cover that says "Don't judge a book by its cover." I know....my wit is lame!

4 comments:

Michele said...

Do you have more pictures? How does it go around the spine of the book? Very interesting. What book did you want to protect???

Diana said...

OMG...there is a special place for you with all the other crafty people!!!
I am no longer be friends with you:-)
(Call me and come over to SWIM and float)
HUGS

2 kids...3 martinis said...

wooo wee! how lovely! I think Diana is saying there's a special place in hell for all you crafty people... :P

Diane said...

Kathy....girlfriend....I am ALREADY there....lmao!!!!!