Sunday, September 7, 2008

You Know I Love It But.....


Aaaaahhh.....my Starbuck's dilemma. I love it....more than love it. I need it, crave it, lust after it, desire it, gotta have it! As I am driving down the road, my car automatically veers towards the nearest store. I have no control over it....the car has a mind of its own. Even when we are coming back from a run to Indy in the wee hours o' the night I find that the ambulance does the exact same thing! Go figure!!!!! That round, green and white illuminated sign is like a beacon in the night....guiding me toward it. Yes, it's yet another addiction. But geeze o'pete, it's costly! I have a reloadable Starbuck's gift card which gives me free soy milk and flavorings when I use it. I put a certain amt. on each pay day and tell myself that I will only spend THAT much for the next two weeks. HA!!!!! That never happens. But using that card does drop my price a bit (notice the wussy attempt justification there?). But I am still spending ALLOT of dinero to get my daily/weekly fix.

A solution? I have the technology! Well, in this case the gadgets and ingredients to make my own lattes/cappuccinos (and btw....they DO rock!). I have an espresso/cappucinno maker, a huge variety of flavored, sugar-free syrups, soy milk, clear plastic cups WITH lids (almsot like the REAL thing) and groovy straws. I even have ice for those days when only an iced latte will do the trick. lol So my goal for the week? Good question.....I think purchasing three lattes from the BUX (as I affectionatly refer to it) is a good starting place. Not too lofty of a goal....but enough to get me through. Think I can do it? Well, do ya? And BE HONEST!!!!!

3 comments:

Scott said...

Only 3 lattes for the week? Are you sure? How are we going to keep the ambulance from driving towards the illuminated green and white beacon in the night? It does have a mind of it's own...

And what are they going to do out west without our 3am visits? Wicca chick won't have anyone to schmooze...

Diana said...

BUX..?
What does that stand for?

Diane said...

Bux = Starbuck's It's just my endearing little term for my little piece of heaven on earth.